Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Pumpkin Fever


Dear George,

Ever since I saw Pumpkin Circle, I’ve developed a strong emotional attachment to pumpkins. I’ve acquired an unknown number of ceramic, plastic, and wooden pumpkins which are sprinkled about my secret collection room, and, most notably, I’ve collected a huge paper ephemera collection of pumpkin images, from calendar portraits to napkins to postcards to Saturday Evening Post advertisements. Walking about Clifton this past weekend, I noticed that we seem to be the pumpkin capitol of the Midwest, with porches on every block sporting at least one and sometimes seven or eight carved or uncarved pumpkins. What a good opportunity for a photo gallery. So I’ve been busy at work. Here’s a sampling of our Clifton pumpkins, and I’ll be putting a larger batch on my Flickr site (www.flickr.com/photos/lundgrdc/) shortly. Happy Halloween week to all.

Love,

Dave




















Mr. Sophisticate



















Near-sighted Pumpkin Romances Teapot




















Ready for Trick-or-Treating




















Down and Out Pumpkin



















Meanwhile at the Old Folks Home…



















Quoth the Raven




















Dejected Democrat on Nov. 3




















This is My Kitty


















Election Results? Oh Barf!


















What Will Happen to My Babies?












We’re Pretty Happy Here at Tea Party Headquarters













Mr. Big













The Belles of the Ball


G-Mail Comments

-Donna D (11-4): these are so good! donna

No comments:

Post a Comment