Thursday, April 15, 2010

Sheepdogs in the Wilds

Dear George,

Mike, Duffy, and I are just back from an overnight camping trip to Miami Whitewater Forest, the start of the new season.  I took some photos which give the flavor of our outing.  Here they are:



Hardly anybody was there on a weekday, so we got our choice of campsites.  We chose #113, definitely one of the best.



After setting up, we took a walk on Oakleaf Trail.  Mike and Duffy have been here many times, and it’s one of our favorite places.



The forest was covered with wildflowers, turning it into a virtual fairyland.

 


Plus many flowering trees were at their spring peak.  



The Canadian Geese were honking wildly, but the dogs showed no interest whatsoever.



We saw quite a few exotic wildlife, including this very strange duck.



Mike was his most contented when he got to be on the bench.



I made a dish for dinner called Crazy Dad’s Deluxe, and it turned out to be a big success.  Maybe I’m becoming a pretty good campfire cook.  



Being in the tent together at night is one of the best times.  Duffy loves it, though Mike seems grumpy.  Maybe it’s because Duffy takes over the entire dog bed.



This breakfast doesn’t look that good, and it tasted worse.  I guess I have a ways to go.

 


Mike and Duffy’s most anxious time is when I pack up the campsite, leaving them in their pen till the last moment.  I would never forget them, but they aren’t so certain.

Love,

Dave


G-Mail Comments:

-Linda C (4017): these are such wonderful pictures, this is one of the things art loved to do, go out and stay in the woods, usually with truman the dog,  i just never liked it. it is so beautiful in ohio right now with the lime colored leaves.

-Donna D (4-16): Great pictures, David!  Especially your dinner...so colorful!!!

-Ami G (4-16): Dear David:  I think the duck was a swan!  What a nice outing with your boys!  Love.  Ami

-Phyllis SS (4-16): Hi Dave, Your dinner photo does look like the food is delicious.  Love the photo of the swan - very beautiful.  What fun.  Outdoors in the beautiful weather.

-Vicki L (4-15): Hi David, I'm really loving your new 'photo journal' style. I shouldn't be  surprised that you have such a photogenic eye. We could've opened a family photography studio called "Lund***, Lund***, Lund***, Lund***, Lund*** and Lund***Studios". (I wouldn't be amongst those included). Nor do I make a very good subject (unlike Mike and Duffy)....some other person always appears as an overlay on every shot taken of me and to boot, she's always older and less attractive than me. Today, I was greeted by the husband of a couple I see who began by saying " You're such a big part of our lives, I just want to take a picture of you....I was mortified, unable to speak while he fumbled with his camera. It was a shakey session at best. Say 'hi' to the fam. Love, vicki

-Jennifer M (4-15): It looks like a great trip!  

No comments:

Post a Comment