Thursday, November 26, 2015
Giving Thanks for 2015
Aside from turkey and pro football games, Thanksgiving is a time to reflect on the many sources of pleasure and well-being in our lives. Once you start thinking about giving thanks, it makes you realize how many people contribute in valued ways to our lives. I started making a list that began with my childhood, but that was totally unmanageable, so I decided to stick with 2015. Here some thanks for my year to date:
BIG THANKS TO:
· Katja for getting me a Fitbit and lots of other good stuff too.
· L and V for being such smart and funny grandchildren.
· J and K for lovingly raising those wonderful kiddies.
· Linda and Ted for being devoted grandparents.
· My sister Vicki for being there through thick and thin.
· Gayle for her many cheery e-mail messages (continuing Peter’s good habits).
· Ami for joining us for a family holiday in Cincinnati.
· David for lots of laughs via California cell-phone calls.
· Donna for being a hardy sheepdog hiking buddy.
· Jennifer for lots of Clifton walks and talks.
· Phyllis for organizing our flea market expeditions.
· Eleanor and Sam for being such steadfast longtime friends.
· Cate for inspiring us wannabe poets.
· Jill for making line dancing a lot of fun.
· Sally, Carol, John, and many other classmates for good times at our high school reunion.
· Bob and Lois A. for hosting me on my July Menominee trip.
· Our nephew Greg for keeping our family Birch Creek property thriving.
· Dr. Bo for helping us through painful end of life dog decisions.
· The Bengals and Packers, the UC Bearcats, Cincinnati’s wealth of cultural activities, the Esquire Theater, HBO and Showtime, our new Clifton Library, my new Nikon camera, and a host of other attractions and amusements in our world.
· Perhaps most of all, our Old English Sheepdogs Mike and Duffy for bringing thirteen years of joy to our lives.